Thursday 16 February 2012

ENTRY 5!! Culture Impact on non- verbal and verbal communication


    Culture in Trinidad has impact the way I communication through local dialect and English language.

     Our local dialect in Trinidad helps us to communicate in a fun way that is we will use slangs and dragons while communicating. It can seem unprofessional to a visitor if they were to hear us and as well can be a barrier to communication if they are not familiar with our local dialect.  As it is stated “There’s a time place for everything” definitely I wouldn’t use our dialect if I am on the work place or giving a speech instead I use of language which is English (standard).  In my nonverbal behaviors I use a lot of gestures to communicate, for example rolling my eyes indicates that whatever is being said to me I ether am disagreeing or I am bored of the topic.  My Culture has impact my verbal communication in both negative and positive that is, I am brave to speak out when I am upset about something my tone voice will increase and decrease and on the negative I am a little shy when a direct question is thrown I may fumble because with my culture one will want to make sure that they don’t respond out of context, it will look to the other person or persons that you are illiterate or miss interpreted

No comments:

Post a Comment