Tuesday 14 February 2012

Entry 2 Event that Impact My Life.


        The event that changed my life was a crusade held by the association of evangelical churches. My parents grew me up in church, Sunday school, vacation bible school. At that time I was young willing to going everywhere with my dad.  There was one particular event that my dad invited me to go and at first I was unwilling to go. I taught I had went enough with him when I was younger but now as I was in my teens I felt to go my own places. However, I am of the belief that when God is ready to draw his people to him he will.
       I attended the crusade where the pastor spoke on worship, knowing who you are in Christ and finding your purpose. During his preaching my mind was open up in to wanting to know, “did God have a purpose for me too?” I began questioning myself asking God to forgive me for not wanting to come and to reveal to me his plans in my life. In that moment of asking the pastor called me out and began to prophecy over my life. My questions he answered. I was glad that I attended the event because it changed the way I think of life. In ways such that I began to understand the power behind worship, I wanted to share with other youths how God change my life and that he is a forgiving God, that each one of us has a design purpose to fulfill. I always had the idea that going to church was enough but since then I know that it’s not just for us to hear the word and live by the word but it is to teach and share the truth with others; that Jesus is the way the truth and the life, that there is place beyond this life called “heaven” for all those who have believe and accepted Christ. This event was a stepping stone in my spiritual life, it encourage me to seek after my purpose and to learn more about what he require of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment